What Does VTMHCA Do For You?
- By hiring a lobbyist and being present in the legislature VTMHCA helped slow down the sweeping momentum of the Challenges for Change policy.
- BC/BS dropped initial authorizations for most BC/BS plans for the first ten outpatient sessions, effective May 1, 2009./li>
- VTMHCA helped open all panels with the ANY WILLING PROVIDER BILL.
- VTMHCA is the only professional association for licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors in the state?
- VTMCHA is actively educating state authorities, legislators, and lawmakers about the role of the counselor, effective mental health care, and the importance of its availability to all in the state of Vermont
- VTMHCA represents the concerns of Mental Health Counselors to lawmakers, regulators, insurance companies, and government officials through representation on the Act 129 Board and the Council of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Professionals, and representation at the national conference?